If you are seeing a crash, please try the following, and if that does not help, please submit a help request using the guide at the bottom.
- Please review our System Requirements here.
Particularly if you are crashing at the start screen; make sure to take the time and compare your CPU to our minimum CPUs posted.
Please be aware that if you do not meet any of the minimum requirements we will not be able to ensure Slime Rancher 2 will be able to run on your system.
- Try reinstalling Slime Rancher 2
- Check for updates for your drivers and operating system.
It's always best to look for driver from the website of your GPU manufacturer:
Also, please check that you don't have any pending Operating System updates.
- If you suspect you may have corruption with you GPU driver, try uninstalling the driver from safe boot before trying to reinstall, or you can search for third party applications that completely remove graphics drivers.
- Try to remove software which may be creating conflicts:
- Run a full virus scan.
- Open Task Manager, go to the Startup tab, and disable all applications other than your antivirus; then restart your system.
- Uninstall any applications you no longer use.
- Consider running in Clean Boot to see if the crash still occurs. If so, it's less likely a conflict, and more likely something with the OS, drivers, or hardware:
If the crash stops, gradually start to restore processes, and when you see the issue again you can narrow it down to what the conflict is.
If you are still experiencing issues, please submit a support request and describe your issue as well as any details regarding when/how it occurs as clearly as possible, to help us narrow down what might be happening. It can also be extremely helpful to let us know what you have tried to troubleshoot; if we have any confusion regarding things that have been tried and their results, it may end up with us misdiagnosing your issue and failing to provide a solution.
If the game is crashing at some point past the start menu, please include your player log files, which you can find here.
If you are crashing before getting to the start menu, or are seeing a system level crash, please provide us with your DxDiag information, which you can find here.
We hope that this has been helpful for solving your issue!